Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #8 -- 1 layer card

It's time for a new challenge at Christmas Card Challenges where this week, the optional challenge is to make a one layer card.  Remember, however, that the optional challenges are just that and that the only real rule to play along is to make a holiday or Christmas card.

I'm using the same wreath building set that I used last Sunday again. Just couldn't help myself.

Funny story about my embossed lines. I was originally just going to do one above and below the sentiment but I ended up putting the one above it in the wrong place so I decided to emboss all the way up the card. Well then, my scoring tool decided to have a mind of its own and a couple of places got messed up. 

So that's why I then went back and added additional lines close to the ones that I had previously embossed. In the end, I think I like the look so I guess all is well that ends well.
***Supplies***

Thanks for your visit. Have a blessed day. AND GO BRONCOS!!!!!
Pin It!

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Alanna I love that wreath, on my wishlist. Lovely card!

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

I think your card looks fabulous with the added score lines. Great job!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It looks great!
Yea for the BRONCOS!

Hugs!!

Heather G said...

Loved this card the moment I saw it. I think that's why I couldn't get one done...I didn't feel worthy LOL. Beautiful image and love all the extra lines. There are no mistakes in cardmaking...just creative interpretation.
--Heather G

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card, and those scoring lines look like a planned design element. (I won't tell)

Jeanne said...

First of all, YAY, Broncos!!! Feeling a bit giddy here about that.*Ü* Second, love the card. That is such a pretty wreath and I adore how you went with it after the embossing went wild. It looks fabulous!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is really outstanding, Alanna! You are so refreshing to explain about the scoring, which is exactly what I would have said - and I have done that same thing many times. Those tools sure can pop out of those lines and startle you! You get A+++ for going with it and making it unique and beautiful! Hugs, Darnell

Joni nina Andaya said...

So Beautiful with the Wreath Alanna :)

Barbara Murphy said...

this is beautiful! i love the embossed lines...and that kraft base is perfect.